What are dentures?
- Custom oral prosthetics that can replace some or all of missing teeth
- Made from materials like nylon, acrylic or plastic
- They rest comfortably on top of gums
- Improve oral health (lower risk of gum recession, bone loss, chronic bad breath)
There are several types of dentures, including partial dentures, complete dentures, and implant supported dentures.
- These are used when a patient is only missing a few teeth
- Wire base with several fake teeth
- The wire base clips around
- Used when a patient is missing an entire arch of teeth
- Metal base with pink plastic gums
- Row of artificial teeth
- Adhesive is placed on the bottom to keep the denture from slipping
- Connect to dental implants
- No need to remove at night like other dentures
- Can take several months until finished, but is durable and long-lasting
The process of getting dentures at San Ramon Dental Excellence can take a series of appointments at least a couple weeks apart. Digital impressions of your mouth are taken, which are then sent to the dental lab where your denture is manufactured. We will then schedule an appointment for the patient to come in and try on the denture. To learn more about dentures, call our office at 925-866-8890.